Recipe adapted from- Valla sadya recipe by Vijayan Nadamangalath
- Raw mango- chopped- 1 cup
- Kashmiri chili powder-1.5 to 2 Tbsp( or according to taste)
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek powder-1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida powder-2 pinch
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves- 10 nos
- Dried red chilies-2 to 3 nos
- Boiled and cooled water-1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil- as required
- In a mixing bowl,combine together,chopped mango,kashmiri chili powder,turmeric powder,fenugreek powder, asafoetida and salt.Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Add fenugreek seeds and fry for few seconds.
- Next add curry leaves and dried red chilies,fry for few seconds.
- Add the marinated mango and mix well.Pour in 1/4 cup water and adjust salt to taste.
- Bring this to just under a boil.
- Allow it to cool completely and store in a glass jar.Keep refrigerated.